AVM improves the download speed for guest access in the Fritz network. With the latest Experimental Lab update for FritzOS 7.39, the optimization can now be tested. It is currently only available for a few router models. Network specialist AVM is releasing the update as part of the open beta phase for the FritzBox 7530, 7590 and 6890 LTE.
New features are not included in the update. Otherwise, the changes are very interesting. In addition to increased download speed for guest access, there is now support for DynDNS providers with optional usernames and passwords. Additionally, a bug has been fixed that could prevent WLAN guest access from being enabled under certain circumstances. Updates also improve the general stability of previous versions. We have added the known modifications as an example of the FritzBox 7590 at the end of the article. Some changes are device specific.
Tips for updating directly from AVM
The following new versions are available: 07.39-98303 for the 7590 and 07.39-98301 for the 7530. The LTE FritzBox 6890 router has the version number 07.39-98285. Users of the mentioned Fritz models can download the new update directly. Download links and advice are available from AVM at: special laboratory website.
You will also find update information and an overview of all innovations for FritzOS 7.50. AVM asks volunteer testers for feedback on improvements and changes in general. These pre-release versions are only available for the free versions of the routers. Vendor-bound models generally cannot use lab updates.
Improvements to FritzOS 7.39
- the Internet:
- Increased download speed for guest access
- DynDNS provider support with optional username/password
- WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS:
- Selection options on “WLAN / Wireless Network / Security” pages were not hidden or displayed correctly after enabling/disabling WLAN
- Fixed edit option when Wi-Fi timer is not enabled
- WLAN guest access cannot be enabled
- Incorrect display of connections in the user interface if a Fritz product with an older FritzOS version is used in the mesh
- Push service for received faxes containing inappropriate text artifacts after date
Passionate about digital marketing and a professional in the digital technology industry, tech news, mobile phones, software, gadgets with extensive experience in the tech industry, I have a keen interest in technology, l news.