An Ethernet is a great option for someone who likes an uninterrupted Internet connection. But for your LAN cable to work on your computer, proper drivers are needed. Usually these drivers are pre-installed on your system, but for some reason they may disappear, so in this case we need to download the correct drivers from your manufacturer. In this article, we will see how to download the Ethernet driver for your Windows computer.
How to Download Ethernet Drivers for Windows 11/10?
Before seeing how you can get the ethernet drivers, you need to make sure that you are connected to the internet. If your Ethernet is not working due to missing driver, connect to a wireless network.
We will download Ethernet drivers from the following manufacturer.
Let’s talk about it in detail.
If you want to download the Intel LAN driver, just go to intel.com and check if the version is what you need, then click download. The driver will be downloaded just like that. Once the driver is downloaded, the only thing you need to do is extract the file and then install it. If you are unsure which driver to download, go to Automatic Driver & Software Updates and download the driver. You can also use Intel Driver and Support Assistant to do the same.
Lenovo, like any other manufacturer, has streamlined the process. They host all the drivers you need on their website. You just have to visit it and take the driver. Here are the steps needed to download the driver.
- Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com.
- Click on Detect the product or enter your serial number. If you do not have Lenovo Service Bridge, you will be prompted to do the same.
- Move towards Driver & Software > Manual Update.
- Go to Network: LAN (Ethernet), and download the driver.
The driver will be downloaded in executable format, just install it and you are good to go.
Similar to Lenovo, HP hosts its Ethernet driver on its website. Just follow the prescribed steps and you will be able to download the Ethernet driver.
- To visit support.hp.com.
- Type your serial number and click Submit.
- To expand All Drivers > Driver-Network.
- Download the Ethernet driver.
To note: If you cannot find the serial number, see the “Need help finding a serial number? section on the HP support screen.
Dell users can follow the prescribed steps to download Ethernet driver from Dell official website.
- Go to dell.com.
- Use your serial number to navigate to your device page or click Browse All Products and select your system.
- Make sure you’re on the Drivers and download tongue.
- To expand Manually search for a specific driver for your
- Find the Ethernet driver and click on the To download button associated with it. If you cannot find the driver, expand all Network, Ethernet and Wireless drivers and read their description. Sometimes “Ethernet” or “Wired” is not mentioned in the name.
Once the driver is downloaded, install it and your problem will be solved.
Here are the steps to download the Ethernet driver for your Asus computer.
- Go to asus.com.
- Enter your serial number and search or select your product from the drop-down options.
- You will be redirected to Driver and Utility Page, there you will be asked to select your operating system, so do that.
- Go to the Networking section and click Display all.
- Now search for wired internet driver and download it.
Here is how to install the Asus Ethernet driver on your system.
Here are the steps Acer users need to follow to download the Ethernet or LAN driver.
- To visit acer.com.
- Enter your serial number or select your device. And then choose your operating system.
- Expand the driver and download the LAN driver.
Once the driver is downloaded, simply install it on your system and you will be good to go.
Read more :
How to Install Ethernet Driver on Windows 10?
So, now you have downloaded the driver for the manufacturer’s website. It is quite easy to install them. Just go to the Downloads folder, where your driver is downloaded. Now if it is a ZIP file, extract it somewhere and then run the setup file to install the driver. If it is an EXE file, simply install the driver by double-clicking it and following the on-screen instructions.
Lily: Where to download drivers for Windows computers?
Does Windows 11 support Ethernet?
Yes, Windows 11, just like its predecessor, supports Ethernet connection. Ethernet might not be used by people for normal tasks, but when it comes to gaming, WiFi can’t beat the smooth, unhindered internet of a wired connection. So you need to activate your Ethernet adapter and use it when needed.
Read also : Ethernet connection does not work in Windows 11/10.