Microsoft has released Windows 10 update KB5005611 for versions 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 as an optional update for September. The update with builds 19043.1266, 19042.1266, 19041.1266 fixes Windows 10 performance, taskbar, news and interests, audio, and many other issues.
Check out the highlights of what the KB5005611 update brings below.
- Updates an issue that causes a one-hour system clock error after a daylight saving time change (DST).
- Updates an issue that causes applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, to suddenly stop working during normal use.
- Updates an issue with the Microsoft Outlook add-in that prevents you from typing a response.
Updates an issue that causes News and Interest icons to appear blurry when using certain screen resolutions.
- Updates an issue that causes News and interests to appear when you right-click on the taskbar even if you have disabled this feature on your device.
- Updates an issue that may be causing distortion in the sound recorded by Cortana and other voice assistants.
- Updates an issue that prevents your device from working after you restart it.
Updates an issue that prevents you from providing input to apps when the taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen.
Here is the full changelog provided by Microsoft for update KB5005611.
This non-security update includes quality improvements. The main changes include:
- Addresses an issue that changes the current language of the device UI. This occurs during an installation scenario for the Unattended out-of-box experience (OOBE) language pack on a desktop computer.
- Addresses an issue that causes the system time to be incorrect one hour after a Daylight Saving Time (DST) change.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Server Manager application to disappear after being used to remove Hyper-V functionality on Windows Server 2022.
- Addresses an issue with parsing time formats in event logs. This problem occurs when you exclude milliseconds.
- Addresses an issue that causes the DnsCache service to increase CPU usage to 100% utilization. Therefore, the device stops responding.
- Provides administrators with the ability to reset zoom to the default for HTML dialog boxes in Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode.
- Addresses an issue with the list of Enterprise Mode sites being redirected from Internet Explorer 11 to Microsoft Edge. Under certain circumstances, the redirect opens a site in multiple tabs in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixes an issue with PropertyGet in JScript9.dll.
- Addresses an issue that stops Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) minidriver calls for Windows Portable Devices (WPD) that you access using WIAMgr.
- Addresses an issue that causes applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, to stop suddenly during normal use. This happens if the app created and deleted UI elements on a background thread that is no longer receiving messages.
- Fixes an issue with the Microsoft Outlook add-in that prevents you from providing an entry after you select To respond.
- Addresses an issue that fails to maintain the NumLock state after a fastboot restart.
- Fixes a screen sharing issue using Microsoft Teams. Protected content, such as a digital rights management (DRM) email, appears black to the presenter, but appears transparent to everyone else.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent drawing on the screen when using Windows Context :: UpdateRgnFromRects to work.
- Addresses an issue that always reports Update Version Revision (UBR) as zero (0) on a device when registering for the Mobile Device Management (MDM) service.
- Addresses an issue that could cause distortion in audio captured by Cortana and other voice assistants.
- Removes the limitation of 25 maximum traffic selectors in the native Windows Internet Key Exchange (IKE) client and server.
- Addresses an issue that fails to display the smart card PIN dialog box when you are connected to a virtual private network (VPN). This issue occurs after upgrading to Windows 10, version 2004.
- Fixes an issue that causes a memory leak in lsass.exe when the pTokenPrivileges buffer is not released.
- Addresses an issue with a non-paged pool (NPP) leak from the UxSF pool tag. This leak occurs when lsass.exe Stops processing of asynchronous Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) calls.
- Fixes an issue that prevents the xhunter1.sys loading driver. Therefore, some games cannot run when you enable Hypervisor Protected Code Integrity (HVCI).
- Addresses an issue that prevents Windows from functioning if you deploy a code integrity policy without user mode rules.
- Improves the performance of MsSense.exe in environments with User Datagram Protocol (UDP) applications that require high amounts of bandwidth.
- Resolves an instability of the Input Method Editor (IME) mode in the RemoteApp scenario. You must install this update on the Remote Desktop server and the Remote Desktop client.
- Addresses an issue that causes News and Interest icons to appear blurry when using certain screen resolutions.
- Resolves a registry key paged pool memory leak for Virtual Desktop ID that occurs in explorer.exe.
- Removes a hyperlink that could prevent the Input app from working when you first enter blurry pinyin content.
- Fixes an activation issue for the Input app.
- Fixes an issue that causes LogonUI.exe stop working because direct manipulation does not start.
- Fixes an issue that causes News and interests to appear in the pop-up menu even when you’ve turned it off on a device.
- Addresses an issue that causes multiple database artifact support in data centers to fail to configure for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) artifacts.
- Fixes an issue that causes the LsaLookupSids () function to fail. This happens when there are security identifiers (SIDs) for users who no longer exist in a group that contains cross-domain trusted users.
- Fixes an issue that fails to apply the post_logout_redirect_uri = parameter when using an external claims provider.
- Addresses a deadlock issue in the WebDav redirector that occurs when it tries to read a file from the local TfsStore. Therefore, the system stops responding.
- Addresses an issue that causes a Stop error after a restart.
- Addresses an issue that causes apps to lose focus when the taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen.
- Implements a Group Policy setting for the following registry value:
Registry location: HKLM Software Policies Microsoft Windows NT Printers PointAndPrint
Value name: RestrictDriverInstallationToAdministrators
Value data: 1
For more information, see KB5005010.
- Adds the ability to configure period or period (.) Delimited IP addresses interchangeably with fully qualified host names in the following Group Policy settings:
KB5005611 download link: