A free basic account lets you store 15GB in your Google Drive, while you can also get 100GB of storage from Google for just $1.99 per month and an astonishing 2TB (terabytes) for $9.99 per month.
But there may be times when you want to extract files from Drive and transfer them to your computer or mobile device, such as when you know you won’t have internet access for a while.
You can download files and folders stored on Google Drive to your computer or mobile device, and if you plan to download a lot of files from Drive, dropping them into a folder first can speed up the process.
How to Download a Folder from Google Drive to Your PC or Mac
Downloading a folder is the same process whether you are using a PC or Mac computer.
1. open up Google Drive on your computer and sign in to your Google account.
2. Scroll down to the Folders section and find the folder you want to download.
Right-click on the folder, then select To download down.
The download will start immediately after clicking To download there’s no confirmation step, so make sure you really want the folder on your computer before right-clicking it.
The folder will also remain in Google Drive after it is uploaded.
How to Download a File from Google Drive to Your PC or Mac
2. Find the file you want to download.
3. Right-click on the file, then select Download.
Quick advice: If the file is a photo or video, select Send a copy instead of step 3 and press save picture Where Save videodepending on the case.
How to Download a File from Google Drive to Your Android Device
1. Open the Google Drive app.
2. Find the file you want to download and tap the three vertical dots to the right of its name. From the menu that appears, select To download.