- Updating all the drivers of your Windows 11 PC is very important for the proper functioning of the hardware.
- Downloading Wi-Fi drivers will ensure that you don’t experience any connectivity issues.
- You can follow the methods mentioned in this guide to easily update or install Wi-Fi drivers on your PC.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Your PC’s drivers are the most critical components that are responsible not only for the proper functioning of the hardware they are linked to, but also for the optimum performance of your PC.
You should ensure that you always have the latest drivers installed on your PC, whether for your mouse, keyboard, webcam, network adapters, monitor, sound card, etc.
After all, the world has now gone internet and we need an internet connection for almost every task we do on our PCs or smartphones.
Although Wi-Fi drivers are pre-installed and work fine, manufacturers send out new updates that add new stability features or bug fixes.
This guide is for those who want to know how to manually update the Wi-Fi driver on their Windows 11 PC.
You can use this guide to update your Windows 11 PC’s Wi-Fi driver with any external wireless adapter. Let’s dive in.
Why should I download Wi-Fi drivers? Will wifi not work without downloading drivers?
A software component, also known as a driver, is very important for your PC to interact with hardware. It acts as a communication line between the hardware and the PC so that you can perform the intended actions.
For example, if you want to change the resolution of your screen, you need to install a dedicated graphics driver or a display driver that will communicate with the graphics card to change the resolution.
Without a driver installed on your PC, you won’t be able to send signals to the hardware, ultimately rendering it unusable.
An underlying question is whether Wi-Fi will work properly on your PC if you don’t install any drivers for it?
The answer is yes. But even if you don’t install any drivers for your Wi-Fi, when you plug in a Wi-Fi adapter, your system detects the device, contacts its servers, and installs the necessary drivers for the device to work automatically.
So, you may think your Wi-Fi adapter works without installing a driver, but Microsoft Windows operating system does it automatically without bothering you.
Additionally, downloading a driver to your PC has several other benefits:
- Facilitates smooth communication between PC and hardware
- Includes security tweaks
- Fixes all bugs that can cause multiple issues
- Will definitely improve performance
Now that you know the benefits of downloading Wi-Fi drivers, or any driver for that matter, on your PC, let’s see how you can download any Wi-Fi driver on Windows 11.
How can I download any Wi-Fi driver on Windows 11?
1. Download from Windows Update
- hurry To earn + I open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update from the left pane.
- To select Advanced options.
- To choose Optional updates.
- If a Wi-Fi driver is available for download, tap the Download and install button.
- Restart your computer.
When you connect the Wi-Fi adapter to your Windows 11 PC, your PC will automatically search for drivers on its servers.
By following the above steps, you can easily download Wi-Fi drivers without the need to visit the manufacturer’s official website.
2. Download from Device Manager
- Open the To start up menu.
- To research Device Manager and open it.
- Expand it Network adapters section.
- Select your WiFi adapter.
- Right click on it and choose Update driver.
- You can select either the Automatic driver search option Where Browse my computer for drivers.
- We advise you to select the first option and let Windows install the driver.
Using the built-in Device Manager utility, you can install or update Wi-Fi drivers on your Windows 11 PC.
It’s pretty easy, and again, it saves having to visit the manufacturer’s website and download the driver.
3. Use specialized software
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Open the app.
- DriverFix will scan for any missing drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have problems or are missing.
- Just select the ones you want to install.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart your computer.
Instead of making efforts to visit the scanner manufacturer’s website and download the driver for your Wi-Fi, you can use a highly recommended software called DriverFix.
It’s a one-stop solution for all your driver-related needs. A single click will search for all outdated and missing drivers, show you the result and prompt you to install or update the drivers, all from the software itself.
Other features of the software include fixing errors related to faulty or broken driver files, updating old device drivers, locating missing drivers, and much more.
4. Download from official website
If the above methods didn’t work for you and you couldn’t download the Wi-Fi driver on your Windows 11 PC, you can visit the official website of your Wi-Fi adapter and grab the driver. from there.
Note that for this you need to have an internet connection. So you can either use the Ethernet cable and plug it directly into your PC or use a mobile hotspot to download the driver.
To identify the Wi-Fi adapter name, open Device Manager and extend the Network adapters section. Then right click on your WiFi adapter and select Properties.
Head to the Driver tab, and here you will find the tab Wi-Fi adapter name and the version below.
The above methods are the best ways to easily download or update Wi-Fi drivers on your Windows 11 PC.
Was this guide helpful to you? Let us know in the comments section below and let us know what you think. You can also let us know if you have other methods in mind.
Start a conversation