the Touchpad Driver is what allows your operating system to communicate with the touchpad. They are usually pre-installed on your computer, but if for some reason you uninstalled them or they were deleted, you need to manually download the driver from the manufacturer’s official website. In this article, we will see how to download touchpad drivers for your Lenovo, HP, Dell, Asus, Acer, Microsoft Surface, etc. laptops. Windows 11/10.
Download Touchpad Drivers for Windows 11/10
We will download touchpad drivers from the following manufacturers. Make sure you’re using an external mouse if your touchpad isn’t working.
- Microsoft Surface
Let’s talk about it in detail.
Lenovo users should follow the prescribed steps to download the touchpad driver for their laptop.
- Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com.
- Click on Detect the product or enter the serial number mentioned on your computer. You may be prompted to download Lenovo Service Bridge if you opt for automatic detection.
- Click on Driver & Software > Manual Update.
- Go to Mouse, Touchpad, keyboard and stylus, expand the driver menu by clicking on the drop down option and download the driver.
After downloading, just install the driver and you’ll be good to go.
Here are the steps that HP users can follow to download the touchpad driver for their laptops.
- To visit support.hp.com.
- Enter the serial number and click Submit.
- Go to All Drivers > Driver-Network.
- Download the touchpad driver.
Hopefully this will allow you to download the required driver.
If you are on a Dell computer, follow the prescribed steps to download its Bluetooth driver.
- Go to dell.com.
- Enter your serial number in the field provided or click Browse All Products and select your system.
- You will be redirected to the Drivers and download tab of this product.
- To expand Manually search for a specific driver for your
- Find the touchpad driver and click on the To download button associated with it.
The driver will be downloaded to your system.
If you have the privilege of getting an ASUS computer, here is the method to download the touchpad drivers.
- Go to asus.com.
- Use your serial number to find your device or select your product from the drop-down menu.
- You will go to Driver and Utility Page
- Select your operating system from the drop-down menu.
- Move towards Touchpad and click Download.
After downloading the driver, double-click it and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Here are the steps Acer users need to follow to download the touchpad driver for their computer.
- Move towards acer.com.
- Enter your serial number or select your device.
- Select your operating system.
- Expand Drivers and download the touchpad driver.
After that you can install the driver and you will be good to go.
Downloading drivers for the Microsoft Surface series is a bit different. You must visit support.microsoft.comscroll down to reach, and Manually update the Surface driver and firmware. now select the model name from the drop-down menu and click on the link associated with your device. You will see a To download button, just click on it and the firmware will be downloaded. You need to run this application and download the missing drivers.
How to install touchpad drivers in Windows 11?
Once you download the driver from the manufacturer’s website, installing it is not a problem. To open File Explorer and go to To download case. There you will see the downloaded driver. If it’s a ZIP file, you need to extract it first, but if it’s an .EXE file, just double-click it, follow the onscreen instructions, and perform installation. This will do the trick for you.
Lily: Where to download drivers for Windows 11/10
How to manually install touchpad drivers in Windows 10?
The same way you installed the touchpad driver on your Windows 11 computer, the driver can be installed in Windows 10. You just need to go to the download folder, double click setup and follow on-screen instructions to complete. the download. This way you will be able to install the driver.
How to Update Touchpad Drivers in Windows 11/10?
There are different ways to update your touchpad drivers on a Windows computer. Here are some of them, so you can choose the best one for yourself.
- Install the optional and driver update from Windows Settings.
- Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website (mentioned above). Once the driver is downloaded, simply install it, reboot your system and the driver will be updated.
- Use free driver update software.
- Update your touchpad driver from Device Manager.
These methods will do the trick for you.