This tutorial is about how to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How To Speed Up Microsoft Edge Download Speed Is Slow. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow
Although Microsoft Edge may be the fastest program to date (claimed to be faster than Chrome), it can sometimes lag for an explanation. Most programs have their minutes… The encouraging news? You can usually fix these types of problems yourself. And negative, you don’t need to be a specialist teacher to do this. There is an old joke among Windows customers: “Web Explorer is the best program to download a superior program.” As such, Internet Explorer, Microsoft’s former leading web program, has been around for a long time and few people really like it.
It’s a complete vindication of why Microsoft launched Edge in 2015, its best program yet. Microsoft made a big attempt with Edge to flesh out the reading experience even more, and it paid off. Microsoft Edge has a sufficient number of features and advantages that make it a real option over other popular programs like Chrome or Firefox. This is especially evident with Edge’s latest update, which redesigned the way the program runs and functions.
How To Speed Up Microsoft Edge Download Speed Is Slow
Check your internet connection
This is generally a good practice. Your browser may be slow simply because your internet connection is poor.
- First check that you are connected to Wi-Fi by clicking on the wireless network icon and selecting the appropriate network name.
- If you have a Wi-Fi connection, but the wireless connection is still slow or just not working, you will need to run the Windows Troubleshooter to diagnose and fix internet connection issues. Right-click the wireless icon again and select Troubleshoot.
- Read and respond to on-screen prompts.
- At this point, it’s time to run Device Manager. Click the Start button (or press Windows key + X).
- Type Device Manager in the search bar and then select it.
- Expand Network Adapters in the list by clicking the left arrow.
- Right click on your wireless network controller. The name of your network controller will appear in the drop-down options. From there, select the Update Driver option.
- Click on the option that says Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will now search your computer and the Internet for an updated driver. One will be installed if available. Relaunch Edge when finished and see if your connection has improved.
- If that doesn’t fix the problem, completely reset your network settings.
Delete browser history and clean your cache and cookies
Let’s say the problem wasn’t your internet connection. Well, the next thing you need to do is clean up your browser data. Over time, your browser stores a lot of information about you that can actually slow down your browser’s performance. Check out our tech tip above which will tell you how to clear your browser data and protect your internet privacy. Ultimately, this can speed up your page load times and browser performance.
Adjust browser flags
If your browser is still slow, it’s time to switch to browser flags. Browser flags allow you to enable Edge features. And there are two key features you should use to speed up Microsoft Edge: TCP Fast Open and Low Power Mode for background tabs.
Disable background apps
Is your browser still slow right now? If you’re still having trouble and nothing has worked so far, the next quick and easy thing to do is to simply disable apps that you don’t need to be running all the time.
- Click the Start button and go to Settings.
- Click Privacy and select Background apps.
- You will see all apps running in the background. All you have to do is disable any apps that you don’t want to automatically enable. This should help speed up your browser.
Final words: How to speed up Microsoft Edge download speed is slow
Hope you understand this article How To Speed Up Microsoft Edge Download Speed Is Slow, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.