For a more complete list of today’s games, visit the daily schedule at Matt Sarz’s Sports, adjustable by time zone.
All hours are oriental.
Michigan arrived at a Final Four mustache last spring, and the Wolverines are a No.1 seed in my preseason category. Juwan Howard’s team begins with a team from Buffalo who is the representative of the MAC in this same projection.
Last night, seven of the eight Ivy League teams played their first games in over a year and a half. Five of them recorded wins, although only Cornell beat a D1 opponent (Binghamton). Dartmouth (Boston College) and Columbia (Fordham) lost road games to their local rivals. The last Ivy team to return to the field, the Penn Quakers, will face the most difficult task of all: the might of the ACC and the perennial threat of Florida State’s top four seeds in Tallahassee.
Fairleigh Dickinson at Seton Hall, 7 p.m. (FS1)
Guillaume and Marie at Wake forest, 7 p.m. (ACCNX/ESPN + ($))
Robert Morris at UCF, 7 p.m. (ESPN + ($))
Northern Alabama to Mississippi State, 8 p.m. (SECN +/ESPN + ($))
Florida A&M at Kansas State, 8 p.m. (ESPN + ($))
Youngstown State at Penn State, 8:30 p.m. (B1G Network)
Long Beach State at Idaho, 9 p.m. (SWX /ESPN + ($))
Florida Atlantic at New Mexico, 9 p.m. (MWN)
Detroit Mercy, Wyoming, 9 p.m. (MWN)
Gardner-Webb at UNLV, 10 p.m. (MWN)
Hawai’i-Hilo (non-D1) at Hawai’i (Rainbow Classic), 12 p.m. (Spectrum Sports Hawai’i /ESPN + ($))
There are a lot of potential body bag games – or potential upsetting opportunities – in this group. One of the most intriguing clashes will take place in Moscow, Idaho, where host Vandals will christen his new arena against Long Beach State. The Beach is coached by Dan Monson, son of legendary Idaho coach Don.
Regent (non-D1) at Howard, 5 p.m. (Howard stream)
Maryland Eastern Shore at the Temple, 7 p.m. (ESPN + ($))
Harris-Stowe (non-D1) at Saint Louis, 8 p.m. (Bally Sports Midwest /ESPN + ($))
State of Alabama at Vanderbilt, 8 p.m. (SECN +/ESPN + ($))
north florida to Texas A&M, 8 p.m. (SECN +/ESPN + ($))
Northwestern State at Tulsa, 8 p.m. (ESPN + ($))
Coppin State at DePaul, 9 p.m. (FS1)
Alcorn State at Seattle, 10 p.m. (ESPN + ($))
It’s no surprise that five of the eight teams playing their second game in as many days are members of the MEAC or SWAC, long known for their tough slates.
Of the eight teams playing consecutive nights:
- Howard was the lone winner on Tuesday, as the Bison defeated neighboring non-D1 District of Columbia University 87-59.
- Maryland Eastern Shore, which will play its second straight game in Philadelphia against Temple tonight, came close to victory, losing at Saint Joe’s, 69-67.
- Alabama state also scared WKU before losing 79-74 at Bowling Green. The Hornets travel to Vandy tonight.
- Coppin State was eliminated by Loyola Chicago at Rogers Park, 103-45. They’re walking down the red line to Wintrust Arena to take on DePaul tonight.
- Alcorn State abandoned their first game in Washington stateThe event exempted from this is not a tournament against the Cougars, 85-67, in the very first game of the season. The Braves travel through Evergreen State to meet Seattle for their final MTE game of 2021.
- Northwestern State opened with a 77-59 loss to Oklahoma. The Demons will double their Sooner State fun / pain by serving as the opponent for the Tulsa opener tonight.
- North Florida fell to Texan technology, 89-74. The Ospreys will make the long trip from Lubbock to College Station to play the A&M opener tonight.
- Finally, Saint Louis defeated Central Arkansas, 96-61, last night. The Billikens will meet non-D1 Harris-Stowe tonight, maybe this game will be more competitive!