Kafton has confirmed that their new PUBG Mobile 1.8 update will start rolling out today, January 12.
This might catch a few fans off guard, as most expected the big patch to arrive sometime towards the end of the week.
But a new message from the development team confirms that PUBG Mobile update 1.8 downloads will start rolling out today, followed by new features that will be released on January 14.
The latest post from Team Krafton reveals that Spider-Man will be playing an active role over the next several months as part of the new update, with a new statement explaining:
âPUBG MOBILE will release updates starting January 12 at 11:00 am (UTC +0). The server will not be taken offline for this update. Please make sure that you are updating the game in a suitable network environment and that you have enough space on your phone.
“See Spider-Man Swing Into The Zone in New York on January 12!” Stay tuned for the big update on January 14th.
This means that PUBG fans could see the new update 1.8 land as downloadable content on their devices starting today, but will not have access to everything it includes until the end of the game. week.
Krafton has confirmed that PUBG Mobile 1.8 includes a lot of new content, including a new classic mode map called Aftermath.
This will be part of the new list of Unkaked modes you can play with the launch of Update 1.8, and will feature a different version of Livik, which has been transformed by bombs and volcanic eruptions.
âWith the advancement of science and technology, all firearms have been modified to have a basic AC module, which makes them easier to aim and control. At the same time, the new scope makes it easier to aim with the reticle. We hope these changes will make shooting fun at all times in the game.
âReduced the size of the urban area and the density of the play area in the new map to make it easier to find enemies. Characters are equipped by default with Tactical Goggles, which show players the damage inflicted by firearms.
Other changes can be found below and include the following features, modes and play options:
PUBG MOBILE 1.8 PATCH NOTES
Basic mechanic improvements
- – Added a feature that allows players to continue swimming in a near-death state, but their swimming speed will be reduced.
- – Added Hit Marker functionality: once activated, each time a player or teammate hits an enemy, a marker is automatically generated where it is hit.
- – Added a map marker function that can be used during the jump phase. When enabled, tapping on the map during the jump phase will place a mark directly on it and spawn a pillar of light at the location.
- – Added automatic jump function. Once this option is enabled, players will automatically jump towards a marker that has been placed on the map.
- – MG3: modification of the default shooting mode to 660 rpm; Recoil: + 10%.
- – M16A4: Added a tracer effect to bullets; Recoil: -10%.
- – MK47: Added a tracer effect to bullets; Recoil: -10%.
Adjusting the gun mechanism
– Fixed an issue that caused a random deviation in the direction of fire of the gun and the center of the reticle, and an issue that caused a slight difference in the scatter value of guns, when shooting of view without range under different screen resolutions.
- – Metro Royale: Reunion will be back for a limited time from January 24 at 2:00 a.m. (UTC +0). Adjustment of entry criteria to Lv. 10. Players must log into a social network account to enter Metro Royale.
- – Payload 2.0 will be back from January 26 at 02:00 (UTC +0) and will remain available.
- React Survival must be stopped. We will close React Survival mode at 11:59 p.m. (UTC +0) on January 10, 2022.
Basic security content
- We have completely overhauled the Merit system to create a better gaming environment.
- – We have improved the Merit rules to maintain a good playing environment and to reward players who have maintained high Merit for a long time with High Merit Player Rewards.
- – We have significantly improved the violation detection rules to make the penalties more severe for malicious actions.
- – Added the Merit System screen on the Profile page. This can be used to display Merit rules, changes to Merit score over the past month, and players’ current Merit and corresponding effects.
Secure Matchmaking Separation
- In order to maintain a fair competitive environment, all players suspected of cheating will be placed under security observation for a more comprehensive security inspection:
- (1) Players can only play TPP in Classic Single Player.
- (2) Players will not receive any income from matches, trigger achievement rules, or not be included in leaderboards.
- (3) Players cannot join teams, venues or tournaments, or use other game features such as the spectator.
Report functionality improvements
- – Added new reporting feature that can be used in matches.
- – Players can use the in-match pop-up to quickly and easily report players who hurt or kill them during matches.
- – Added a report function to the career stats screen to report players who knocked you out.
Game interface improvements
Home screen improvements:
- – Moved the Cheer Park location to the mode selection.
- – Moved the Brother in Arms slot in the Team Hall.
- – Moved the location of the subscription to Purchases.
- – Improved locations of monetized events and activity events.
- – Improvements to the layout in the lower right corner.
Royale Pass Month 7: Royale Guard – From January 18 at 2:00 a.m. (UTC +0) to February 17 at 11:59 p.m. (UTC +0).
- Come and get the Desert Warrior Set! The themed finishes M16A4, DP28, UZI and 2-seater motorcycle are now available.
- New system to lighten the load on players: players will have a point limit that increases every week, and there will also be more missions for players to complete.
- RP Game Time Removal: Removed separate RP game time requirements and merged points awarded as rewards for new challenge missions.