Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. today introduced the latest addition to the Snapdragon Ride â¢ platform portfolio – the Snapdragon Ride â¢ vision system – a new open, scalable and modular computer vision software stack built on a Four-nanometer (4nm) -on-chip (SoC) process technology designed for an optimized implementation of front and surround cameras for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and automated driving (AD). Combining purpose-built, high-performance Snapdragon Ride SoCs with Arriver’s next-generation vision perception software stack, the Snapdragon Ride vision system is designed with a blend of proven hardware and software solutions to support a variety of compute functions. necessary to improve Perceptionaround the vehicle to enable planning and action and safer driving experiences.
As one of the industry’s most scalable and open systems for ADAS and AD, the Snapdragon Ride vision system supports flexible deployment options with its ability to switch from NCAP front camera applications (New Car Assessment Program) entry-level to higher levels of automation that require full front and surround camera applications, enabling common implementation of features and requirements, with support for functional safety / SOTIF, on virtually all levels and types of vehicles. The Snapdragon Ride vision system offers a uniquely designed modular architecture to extend the flexibility of automakers to integrate map crowdsourcing, Driver Monitoring System (DMS), parking systems, vehicle cellular technologies to everything ( C-V2X) and localization modules to better support customization and integration.
As the industry advances towards new advancements in automated driving, Qualcomm Technologies expects to see an increased need for automotive solutions aimed at providing functional safety, especially vision-based perception and sensing software. , used for the detection, classification and tracking of static and dynamic elements. objects. Snapdragon Ride vision system incorporates industry proven technology Arrive â¢ Vision stack, which tracks regulatory and automaker requirements, as well as those of global safety assessment agencies. It allows the customization of functionalities, in particular:
- Industry-proven computer vision, which uses a camera perception software stack that has been in production successfully for four generations and with over a decade of research and development behind it; received top performance ratings and enabled automakers to achieve 5-star safety ratings for the European New Car Assessment Program (Euro NCAP) by 2021 at the latest.
- High performanceand a feature-rich solution required for enhanced environmental perception, including, but not limited to, static road geometry, such as lane markers, traffic infra, and guardrails ; dynamic objects, such as vehicles; vulnerable road users, including pedestrians, cyclists; and traffic sign recognition for global regulatory requirements, all based on 8MP wide field of view cameras developed with custom neural network architectures
- Open and customizable systemwith a software development kit (SDK) that enables the development and integration of driving policies as well as pilot monitoring solutions to meet their specific needs
- Energy-efficient SnapdragonÂ® architectureto provide peak performance with very low power consumption
- Expansion of the front camera vision systemto include near-field parking camera perception, with mono to multifocal vision systems to increase object detection levels to support basic and advanced security features
- Specialized toolboxdesigned for the development of on-board Electronic Control Units (ECUs) and to be used as a reference system for scaling L2-L3 applications and beyond; includes security operating system (OS) and hypervisors, automotive middleware for ADAS, and artificial intelligence (AI) tools including complex neural architecture (NAS) research
- Support automotive manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliersdesign and develop solutions using the Snapdragon Ride SDK; allows flexibility to determine their own selection of components, including sensors and maps for location
- Scalable capacities: The software platform is continually evolving to meet industry requirements through the Agile software development process, while the hardware platform supports ecosystem development and OTA (over-the- air) for continuous functionality improvements
“As we collaborate more with automakers and Tier 1 suppliers, our latest Snapdragon Ride vision system aims to address the growing need for a more open, adaptable and scalable platform for computer vision solutions.”said Nakul Duggal, senior vice president and general manager, automotive, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Snapdragon Ride focuses on our customers’ broad automated riding needs, ranging from scalable SoCs to integrated AD stacks and development platforms, and tools, which provide a complete solution for L2-L3 automated riding, everything retaining the flexibility to adapt to automakers and tier -1 vendors to deliver their preferred solutions. Snapdragon Ride vision system can offer automakers the ability to customize more advanced driving experiences for each vehicle class . “
The Snapdragon Ride vision system is expected to be available in vehicle production in 2024. The automotive ecosystem may also begin to develop next-generation ADAS and AD. solutions and their own drive policy now using the available SnapdragonRide â¢ Software Development Kit (SDK), which is designed to provide a complete hardware and software environment for rapid development by giving automakers and Tier 1 vendors the flexibility to develop their own drive stack policy and integrate components, such as Parking and DMS, which can be integrated into the Snapdragon Ride Vision System.
The Snapdragon Ride vision system is a product of Qualcomm Technologies and incorporates Arriver technology. Qualcomm Technologies and Arriver share the goal of developing ADAS / AD solutions to improve security.
About the Snapdragon Ride Platform
The Snapdragon Ride platform is a comprehensive portfolio of high performance central computing and vision system solutions based on the Snapdragon family of automotive SoCs and accelerator products. Snapdragon Ride platforms are high-performance, scalable, low-power platforms that enable scaling of all levels of ADAS systems, ranging from from regulatory NCAP solutions to premium L2 + / L3 production solutions. Since its introduction in 2020, Snapdragon Ride has gained traction with global automakers who are currently developing their next generation fleets. With the SoC family, Snapdragon Ride brings an industry-proven vision stack for front and surround camera systems and a ride stack that seamlessly integrates with an SDK and cloud-enabled toolchain, consisting of multi-sensor fusion, map-based location, planning and prediction systems to support NCAP to L3 driving systems. On Qualcomm
Qualcommis the of the worldfirstwireless technology innovator andthe driving To obligatebehindthe development,launch,and expansionof 5G. when we boundthe phone to the Internet,the cellphone revolutionhas beenborn. Today,our foundation technologiesactivatethe cellphone ecosystemandarefind in all3G, 4G and5G smartphone. Webring the benefits of mobile to NewIndustries,including automobile, the Internetthings, andcomputing,andarefirstthe way to aworldor all of it andeveryone can communicateandinteractit’s clear.
Qualcomm Incorporated comprises our licensing business, QTL, and the vast majority of our patent portfolio. Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, operates substantially all of our engineering, research and development functions, and substantially all of our product and service business, including our QCT semiconductor business.
Qualcomm Inc. published this content on 04 January 2022 and is solely responsible for the information it contains. Distributed by Public, unedited and unmodified, on 05 January 2022 08:43:23 UTC.
Public now 2022
Trends in technical analysis QUALCOMM, INC.
|Short term||Mid Road||Long term|
Evolution of the income statement
|Average consensus||TO BUY|
|Number of analysts||32|
|Last closing price||
|Average price target||
|Spread / Average target||7.22%|