As the son of Lebanese immigrants, immigration lawyer Raymond Lahoud found his calling at a young age. He learned âlegalâ as a child to help his mother and started attending fun trials around the age of 12. It’s no wonder he’s leading now Norris McLaughlin‘s Immigration Law Practice Group as well as its successful blog, Immigration matters. He joins Bob Ambrogi on This week in legal blogs to discuss his passion for practicing law and why he has blogged since day one of his legal career.
For weekly discussions with the best bloggers in our community, with an overview of what has worked for them, be sure to subscribe to This week in legal blogs wherever you get your podcasts, including:
If you are on Apple, be sure to leave us a rating and review.
Lahoud details his career and the history of Immigration matters. The blog has helped him grow his practice group and connect with clients while providing a way for him to stay abreast of the latest legal developments in an ever-changing area of ââlaw. He gives more information on how he runs his blog and offers advice on how to cover politically sensitive legal topics.
- 1:46 – Where does Ray’s passion for immigration law come from?
- 4:06 – His career path and how he ended up with Norris McLaughlin
- 7:31 – When he started blogging
- 9:08 – Norris McLaughlin, PA has long believed in blogging and helped Ray speed up his blog
- 10:00 am – The scope of the Immigration matters the blog is big
- 11:03 – What does Ray’s blogging process look like?
- 12:09 – How he chooses topics for his blog posts
- 14:04 – Find the time and motivation to write
- 3:09 PM – How Blogging Help Lawyers Keep Up With The Latest Developments In Their Field
- 16:33 – How to handle highly political topics on the blog
- 18:59 – The impact of the blog as a business development tool
- 21:41 – Advice for legal bloggers, especially those dealing with controversial political topics