Do you have trouble download snapchat from app store? As frustrating as it can be when Snapchat not downloading on your iPhonefollow the troubleshooting tips below to help you figure it out and fix the problem so you can start using Snapchat.
How to Fix Snapchat Won’t Download on iPhone
Here are the tips and tricks that will help you fix it when Snapchat not downloading on your iPhone:
- Restart your iPhone
- Check internet connection
- iPhone Storage Review
- Check the payment method on your account
- Update iOS
- Reset all settings
- Contact Apple Support
1. Restart your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is the first and easiest thing to do whenever you encounter minor issues. Temporary problems will go away, and the simple restart works wonders. To restart your iPhone, follow the steps below:
For iPhones with Face ID
- Press and hold the Turn up the sound Where Lower the volume button and the Side/Power button simultaneously.
- Release both buttons when slide to turn off appears on the screen.
- Swipe the power icon from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the side button to turn your iPhone back on.
- Release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone without Face ID
- Press and hold the Power button until the slide to turn off appears.
- Swipe the power icon from left to right on the screen to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait a few seconds, then press and hold Power again to turn your iPhone back on.
- You can release the power button when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
2. Check internet connection
Open an internet-dependent app (like Instagram) and check if it works properly. You can also open the App Store and download any other app of your choice to confirm the network is working and the problem is Snapchat!
3. Examine iPhone Storage
It’s pretty obvious that if you don’t have enough storage on your iPhone, you won’t be able to download apps. And it’s no different for Snapchat. Follow the steps below to check the storage on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings application.
- Go to General.
- press iphone storage.
You’ll see how much storage you have left at the top of the screen. If you are running out of storage space, you will need to free up some space to download Snapchat. Follow the tips in this guide to free up space on your iPhone.
3. Check the payment method on your account
The Apple App Store requires a verified and valid payment method to purchase and download apps. If you don’t have a valid payment method, sometimes you won’t be able to download even free apps like Snapchat.
You can start by creating a new account without any payment method (None). You can check your payment method information in your account. Sometimes outdated map information can cause this problem. To create a new Apple ID, Click here.
4. Update iOS
To run apps and features smoothly, you need to make sure your iPhone firmware is up to date.
Many users forget iOS updates or don’t have enough space on their iPhone to update iOS. Apple strongly recommends its users to run the latest iOS version available.
Apple is known for its longstanding software support and security. Update your iPhone today. Sometimes your iPhone’s firmware version is outdated and can cause problems with the App Store and app downloads.
To check and update iPhone iOS, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Open General.
3. Select Software updates.
4. Update your device if new updates are available.
5. Reset all settings
You can reset all settings and hope to fix Snapchat download problem on your iPhone. Resetting all settings will remove any custom changes you have made and return all settings to default on the iPhone.
This process will not delete any of your data. To reset your iPhone settings, follow the steps below:
1. Open Settings.
2. Press General.
3. Choose Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Press Reset.
5. Choose Reset all settings.
6. Enter your password and let the process complete.
6. Contact Apple Support
If none of the above solutions worked for you, it’s time to contact Apple Support or Snapchat support. They will check the problem and let you know about possible solutions.
As you can see, there are many reasons why your iPhone won’t allow you to download Snapchat. We hope the troubleshooting tips in this guide were helpful in helping you download Snapchat from the App Store.
Let us know if this helped resolve this issue. If you managed to do anything else, leave me a comment below!